Policies & Procedures
Table & Chair Placement –
Basic floor setup is included in the Rental Rate. EMPRA Staff will provide basic initial setup before the time block begins. Any furniture required, or moving of chairs, tables, etc. from the original setup is the renter’s responsibility.
Full Service Catering or Hired Service Staff Required –
EMPRA requires all wedding events to hire a full service caterer with their service staff or hire separate service staff to assist with their event. EMPRA’s minimum requirement is 1 service staff per every 50 guests with a minimum of 2 service staff. Service staff must be hired and on-site no later than the start of ceremony through the final cleanup at the end of the event. Service Staff are in addition to the hired bartender(s).
Décor – Interior Décor –
All items currently in The Barn are secured and may not be removed. You may add pre-approved items you would like for the décor. Outside décor must be weighted/secured to prevent flyaway. Please contact EMPRA Staff if you are unsure what is acceptable and what is not.
Special Requests –
Any special requests that extend beyond provisions of this contract need to be presented to EMPRA Management for approval in advance of the event, preferably at the time of contract signing. If additional requests need to be made after the contract is signed, those requests must be presented to the EMPRA Management in writing, no less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled event itself. All last-minute requests must be presented to EMPRA Management for approval.
Outside Source Rentals –
You are welcome to rent chairs, tables, tents, or any other equipment from an outside source. Renter is advised that EMPRA will not be responsible for any items brought by individuals or rental companies nor will EMPRA Staff sign for deliveries. It is the Renter’s responsibility to receive, setup, move, tear down, and load all rentals as received for pickup. No items may be staked to the ground. Only water or sand weights may be used. A Rental Removal Fee will be assessed on any items left at The Barn after the event. No items including rental equipment may be left overnight for next day pickup without prior written permission by EMPRA Management.
Clean & Exiting Policy’s for the Barn & Fields –
Renter is required to leave the premises (The Barn and/or The Field’s) clean and ready for the next use. This includes taking down of tables and chairs, food spills and debris removed from floors, walls and chairs; floors swept and mopped and all trash cans emptied and placed in specified area.
Additional cleanup after the event that is deemed necessary by EMPRA Staff will be assessed a fee of $250.00/hr.
Renter must check out of building with EMPRA Staff before leaving the property at the end of the event.
General Liability Insurance –
The renter shall maintain commercial general liability insurance, including host liquor liability, in the amount not less than $1,000,000 combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage. Such insurance shall name Evergreen Memorial Park & Recreation Association and Evergreen Memorial Park as additional insured, and a certificate of insurance with an endorsement must be provided no less than 90 days prior to event date. Please contact your insurance agent for more information or visit these websites for policies – www.markelinsuresfun.com or www.theEventHelper.com
Acts of God – The performance of the contract is subject to termination without liability upon the occurrence of any circumstances beyond the control of Evergreen Memorial Park & Recreation Association – such acts of God, war, acts of terrorism, government regulations, disaster, rain storms, snow storms, floods, strikes, civil disorder, or other emergencies – to the extent that such circumstances make it illegal or impossible for Evergreen Memorial Park & Recreation Association to provide, or for client in general to use, “The Barn’s” Facilities.
Evergreen Memorial Park and its surrounding acreage serves many functions (Funeral Home, Cemetery, Crematory, Pet Cemetery, Wild Game Ranch and Event Center). The grounds are open to the public, and renter may not be the only event held at Evergreen Memorial Park on the reserved date. The renter will be the only event in progress at The Barn and the Field are (if reserved) during the reserved time block, however, other uses and events may and will continue as necessary on the surrounding acreage.
How to Reserve Your Date –
Payments / Reservation Deposits
The Barn at Evergreen Memorial Park accepts cash, personal checks, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover as forms of payment. At the time of booking, a $800.00 damage/security deposit** is due. Once this deposit is received, a Rental Agreement will need to be signed and rental fees agreed upon. It is understood that the renter is the responsible party for any damage(s) incurred to the facility, EMPRA’s equipment or grounds arising from the event, whether or not it is more than the damage deposit. Payment in full must be made 150 days before the event date. Any late payments will be charged a 10% late fee. If the full payment is more than 30 days delinquent, the reservation will be cancelled and all monies paid will be forfeited. Checks should be made payable to Evergreen Memorial Park and Recreation Association (EMPRA), 26624 N. Turkey Creek Road, Evergreen, Colorado 80439.
** The refundable security/damage deposit of $800.00 will be returned within 30 days after the event, pending the final inspection of the venue for damage to the venue, to EMPRA’s equipment or other day of the event charges not previously identified or paid for in advance. If there are any additional charges, they will be deducted from the deposit and/or billed to the “Renter”.
Cancellation Policy –
The Renter may cancel the scheduled event in writing or by email 180 days prior to the event date and forfeit ½ of what was paid for the damage/security deposit. Cancellations less than 180 days, but more than 150 days will forfeit the full amount paid for the damage/security deposit, with any additional monies paid to be refunded. Cancellations less than 150 days, but more than 120 days will forfeit the full amount paid for the damage/security deposit and ½ of Rental Fee, with any additional monies paid to be refunded. Cancellations less than 120 days will forfeit all monies previously paid. Event reservation may not be transferred to another renter/party. No show events will forfeit rental fee and damage/security deposit. All refunds are processed within 30 days of cancellation. If EMPRA must cancel the scheduled event for any unforeseen reasons, EMPRA will provide an accounting of time and expenses incurred under this Agreement to the date of cancellation and will refund all monies deposited or paid in excess of that total amount within 30 days of cancellation
Alcohol Policy –
It is renter’s responsibility that attendees are aware of EMPRA’s alcohol policies.
- Failure to abide by EMPRA’s Alcohol Policies may result in the Event being immediately terminated by EMPRA’s Staff, forfeiture of Damage Deposit, and offender’s being asked to leave EMP grounds.
- A Renter-hosted, no-cash bar may be provided to your guests. No cash bars allowed.
- A pre-approved, insured bar tending service must dispense all alcoholic beverages. ALL alcohol (bottled and/or poured), kegs and toasts, must be under the supervision of a bartender at all times. It is the Renter’s responsibility to procure a bartending service for the event, and to submit the name of the bartending company and a copy of their Liquor Liability Insurance to EMPRA at least 90 days prior to the event date. If liquor liability is not received, alcohol will not be allowed at the event.
- No alcohol may be brought on to EMP grounds that is not dispensed by the contracted insured bartender during event time block, including during setup and open bar time. Self-service of alcohol is NOT allowed.
- No shots are allowed at any time.
- Kegs must be enclosed in leak proof containers and cannot be placed in the parlor.
- Alcohol service must be shut down 45 minutes before the end of event prior to event cleanup time. No exceptions.
- Renter understands that it is the Renter’s responsibility to assure that the dispensing of all alcoholic beverages is in compliance with Colorado State Liquor Laws. No alcoholic beverages may be removed from the grounds during the Event.
- The serving to and/or the consumption of alcohol by persons under 21 years of age is not permitted.
- Drunkenness will not be tolerated, violators will be asked to leave the property.
Items NOT PERMITTED in The Barn or on EMP Grounds –
- No candles. Ask EMPRA Staff for suggestions and ideas. All candle decoration must be pre-approved by EMPRA Staff.
- No glitter, table glitter or confetti, or anything like it may be used.
- Only existing wall plugs may be used. No rewiring for any reason.
- No cardboard chafing dishes, oil lamps, Chinese floating lanterns, fog, fireworks, sparklers or bubble machines are permitted in The Barn or on EMP grounds.
- No helium ballons may be used as decorations inside the barn facility
- No fish or insects may be brought to or released into the Park.
Items permitted in The Barn or on the premises following specific guidelines –
- Dove releases are allowed.
- Only birdseed and real flower petals (not silk) may be thrown outside of the building (no rice). Renter must sweep off sidewalks and walkways. Failure to do so will result in a cleaning fee of $75.00 to be deducted from the damage deposit.
- Barbecue grills and gas-cooking devices may only be used on the gravel road outside the facilty.
- Due to the drought conditions and high fire danger, the use of any outdoor fire producing materials is prohibited.
- Sparklers are only permitted when preapproved by EMPRA and the local Fire Department.
Renter agrees and understands that the time block hours stipulated in the contract will be strictly adhered to.
No early arrivals.
It is the renter’s responsibility that attendees are aware of EMPRA’s policies –
- Rental includes use of The Barn facility, use of EMPRA’s tables and chairs, and a service in the Fields.
- Time block includes setup and cleanup within rented time.
- Renter’s, contractors and their equipment must be completely out of the facility by the end of the Rental Time Block.
- A fee of $200.00/½hr. will be charged to the Renter’s Damage Deposit for early drop-off or early arrivals and a fee will be charged for anything left overnight.
- It is the Renter’s responsibility to inform all caterers, musicians, florists, contractors, guests and family members of the specific times and nature of the rental agreement, and of all loading/unloading and parking areas. Renter is responsible that all event participants observe all aspects of this agreement and all EMP & RMPRA Policies.
- The EMPRA Staff will arrange the initial setup of EMPRA’s tables and/or chairs for (1) of the following: The Fields for the service, or for the reception in The Barn, before the renter’s preparation time. Any furniture re-arrangement required after the original setup is the Renter’s responsibility. Lift all tables to move, do not pull across the wood floor. Any EMPRA’s tables or chairs placed outside or on decks must be brought inside after event.
- If you request the EMPRA Staff to assist with setup and/or decorating, there will be an additional charge of $75.00/hr for their services.
- Renter is advised that EMPRA will not be responsible for any items brought by rental companies nor will EMPRA Staff sign for deliveries. It is the Renter’s responsibility to receive, setup, move, tear down, and load all rentals as received for pickup.
- To be in compliance with the Jefferson County Noise Ordinance, EMPRA’s Staff will have complete control over the volume of any music or noise-making devices. If event proceeds past 10:00pm, all outside doors and windows must be closed.
- Renter is the responsible party for any damage to the facility or grounds arising from the event, whether or not in excess of the damage deposit.
- Renter is required to leave the premises clean and ready for the next use.
- All trash is to be removed from the building and grounds. Any trash left behind will be charged $5.00/bag.
- Additional cleanup after the event that is deemed necessary by EMPRA Staff will be assessed a fee of $75.00/hr.
- All EMPRA’s furniture placed outside, on the deck, or on the grass must be brought inside before renter leaves the grounds.
- The renter understands that the final decision regarding the damage deposit and cleanup is done by the EMPRA Management, not the EMPRA Staff. EMPRA Staff document all events and report back to the EMPRA Management.
- Renter or Renter’s day of event representative must check out of the building with EMPRA Staff before leaving the property.
The Barn and EMPRA reserve the right to make changes at any time regarding pricing, procedures and policies.